Buffalo Sabres - stark wie Büffel

Begonnen von Sabres90, 13. Mai 2009, 21:07:16

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Sabres90

Kurze News:

Mike Grier ist wieder fleißig am trainieren und steht wohl kurz vor der Rückkehr ins Lineup. Erster Termin wäre das kommende Spiel gegen Washington (Mittwoch).

Drew Stafford ist ebenfalls wieder fit, er hat laut Ruff wieder nen guten Speed drauf und wird wohl ebenfalls gegen die Caps zurück im Kader sein.

Andrej Sekera könnte wie schon gegen Ottawa am Mittwoch erneut als Stürmer in der 4. Reihe auflaufen. Ruff meinte, er hat seinen Part gut gespielt und er will dieses Szenario erneut austesten.

Die Lines, mit denen heute trainiert wurde:

MacArthur – Connolly – Stafford
Vanek – Roy – Pominville
Hecht – Kennedy – Grier – Mair
Gaustad – Ellis – Paetsch/Sekera
:huldigung:#2 Duncan Keith ... #34 Miikka Kiprusoff :huldigung:

Sabres90

Ruff hat beim gestrigen Training auf Connolly und Roy verzichtet, damit sie für das Spiel gegen die Bruins voll da sind und mit voller Energie zu Werke gehen können. Auch Grier trainierte nicht mit, was aber an seiner Verletzung lag. Ruff vermutet, dass er gegen Boston nicht nur (weiterhin) auf Lydman, sondern eben auch auf Grier verzichten muss!

Sabres90

Muss man noch mehr sagen :headb: ?

ZitatBuffalo Sabres netminder Ryan Miller was named the NHL's third star of the week.
Detroit's Henrik Zetterberg and Atlanta's Ilya Kovulchuk claimed the first and second stars of the week.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=506299&navid=DL|BUF|home

Und außerdem noch ein Bericht über Tyler Ennis:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=506305&navid=DL|BUF|home

Auszug:
ZitatLife is exciting for the young and upwardly mobile. Just ask Buffalo Sabres rookie right winger Tyler Ennis.
Injuries had sidelined Sabres' right wings Drew Stafford and Mike Grier, giving Ennis the chance to make his NHL debut against the Flyers after only 16 minor-league games. Nathan Gerbe, who played 10 Buffalo games last season, might have gotten the call, but he's hurt.

The announcement, shortly before 7 p.m., didn't make much of an impression on the Flyers' home crowd at the Wachovia Center: "Please add to the Buffalo Sabres' roster, No. 63, Tyler Ennis."

Der gesamte Bericht ist richtig toll geschrieben :up:!

Sabres90

Grier musste nach seiner Verletzung im Spiel gegen Edmonton auch das Training 30 Minuten früher abbrechen! Dennoch sieht es wohl danach aus, dass er nicht lange fehlen wird! Laut Ruff besteht sogar eine kleine Chance, dass er heute gegen Calgary aufläuft. Grier's Ausfall wegen spielte man in den Training mit folgender 3rd und 4th line:

3rd:
Kaleta - Kennendy - Hecht

4th:
Mair - Gaustad - Ellis

Tja, so schnell geht es, schon spielt Mair wieder im Team...!

Wieder sicher dabei gegen die Flames ist backup Lalime, für den Enroth bekanntlich wieder nach Portland weichen musste!

Sabres90

Das Buffalo Sabres Hall of Fame Selection Committee hat heute bekannt gegeben, im Februar Jim Lorentz und Josh Crozier in die Sabres HoF aufzunehmen :up:!

Der Bericht sowie ein paar Zahlen und Fakten der beiden:
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=505735&navid=DL|BUF|home

Sabres90

leeroy kincaid

"There's some donkey in Denver..." Big Bert

Sabres90

Bericht über den derzeit besten Goalie der Liga, was zum einen Stats beweisen, zum anderen aber eben auch die Persönlichkeit von Ryan Miller! Ich sag nur: 1.60 GAA und 0,944% save % :headb: :clap:!

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=504184&navid=DL|BUF|home

Auszüge:

Zitat"It goes hand in hand -- I have to perform for the Sabres and I have to perform for my own expectations and I expect my game to be at a certain level anyways," Miller told NHL.com. "That level should be good enough to make the U.S. Olympic team because I consider myself the kind of goalie who can challenge to be tops in the League. If that's not what they're looking for, then OK.

Zitat"I want to compete and challenge every night. I've worked hard to identify parts of my game that I had to work on the past 3-4 years to challenge to be an elite goalie in this League."

Zitat"I think there's no doubt that the secret to any team's success is in goal and Ryan has to be the backbone for us to succeed," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "Strong goaltending can lead a lot of teams a long way and Ryan is a key for us. He's playing extremely well right now and we'd like to keep him in his groove."

Später im Bericht wird Miller sogar (in höchsten Tönen) von Brodeur gelobt und das soll was heißen :headb:! Ohne jede Frage, wenn mir jetzt einer die Frage nach dem derzeit besten Goalie der Liga stellen würde, wäre meine Antwort: Ryan Miller vor Craig Anderson!

Alles andere wäre zum :grins:!

:zwinker:

Sabres90

Nun wird's ernst für Myers, was er selber auch sagt!

ZitatNow, the rookie defenseman says, the real work will begin.

As the 19 year old fielded questions about his future with the Buffalo Sabres, following GM Darcy Regier's announcement that he would in fact remain in the NHL, his answers were constant:

"I don't want to get too comfortable," he said.

Because while he has impressed the coaching staff with five points (including a pair of goals), a plus-eight rating and a game-winning shootout tally in his first nine professional contests, he knows that adversity will undoubtedly surface throughout the course of a year. And complacency does not fit into his game plan.

"A good season isn't just nine games," Head Coach Lindy Ruff agreed. "It's a grind and it's grueling.

"We've used the term that he's a little bit beyond his maturity when it comes to the way he's played on the ice. But he'll have some down times and I think it's being able to support him through those [ups and downs]."

Den Rest, was Ruff noch über Myers sagt, gibts unter http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=504065&navid=DL|BUF|home !

Wie schon gesagt, habe volles Vertrauen, dass Myers seine Leistungskurve nochmal nach oben steigern kann und ne starke Rookieseason hinlegen wird :up:!

Sabres90

Nun mischt sich Tallinder in die Geschichte ein :up:!

ZitatSabres defenceman Henrik Tallinder doesn't understand what the big mystery is regarding rookie teammate Tyler Myers' NHL future.

If Sabres management insists it will take one more game to evaluate whether to keep Myers on the roster for the rest of the season, Tallinder doesn't need another minute of convincing.

"He should play here," Tallinder said after practice Tuesday. "I'm really amazed with his poise with the puck. It's unbelievable for his age, 19. You don't see veteran guys have that."

Tallinder then compared the six-foot-eight Myers to another tall and established defenceman, six-foot-nine Bruins captain Zdeno Chara.

"Not even close. I still don't think Chara has the same movements as this kid has," Tallinder said. "It's scary how good he's going to be."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=296300

Da kann ich nur wieder sagen: Meine Worte ... und vor allem, wirklich bewunderswert, wie heiß die Luft wegen Myers ist!

Sabres90

Myers scheint es im Team sehr gut zu gehn und er scheint sich mehr als wohlzufühlen!

ZitatTyler Myers is going to need more padding if this keeps up.

The defenseman took a beating from his teammates following his game-winning, shootout goal Saturday night in Tampa Bay – tackled to the ice in an overzealous celebration.

Monday's practice at the Amherst Pepsi Center was no different as the rookie again saved his colleagues, this time from a post-practice skate.

"I told them that we had a skate planned at the end [of practice], which we did," Head Coach Lindy Ruff said. "We had this little gig at the end of practice and said if you hit the net from the other end [of the ice], there's no skate.

"Myers missed the net [last week] so they had to skate for five more minutes... Jochen [Hecht] suggested that we give Myers another chance."

"I think if I would have missed it I would have taken an ever bigger beating," Myers joked. "It's all in good fun. I'm having a lot of fun with the guys. They're really good to me. I'm just taking it day by day."

Ganzer Bericht: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=503622&navid=DL|BUF|home

Bin mir sehr sicher: Myers bleibt...

Roy

die Entwicklung von Paille war zuletzt schon enttäuschend ich hätte ihm durchaus mehr zugetraut doch zuletzt brachte er kaum noch ein Bein auf den Boden von daher macht ein Trade wohl Sin...

Keeper-of-NHL

Sie haben zuviele Flügelspieler i mKsder und planen wegen den Draft pciks für die Zukunft. Apropos, für unsere Statistik Freunde: Der erste "Deal" dieser 2 Teams seit über 30 Jahren
Ich bin keeper-of-nhl, der Zorn Gottes

Sabres90

Zitat von: Versicherungsfuzzi am 21. Oktober 2009, 08:54:23
sehe ich ebenso...dafür noch 2 Picks rausgeschlagen  :up:

Joa und gar nicht mal so schlechte ... hat Darcy ordentlich gemacht :up:!

Versicherungsfuzzi

sehe ich ebenso...dafür noch 2 Picks rausgeschlagen  :up: